Price: $75 per person
Location: Perth Observatory
Date: Tuesday 9th of April
Time: 7:00 pm – 9:30 pm (Gates open at: 6:30 pm)
Taking on from where the beginners class will have left off, this intermediate class assumes a basic knowledge of image file types, file handling, basic post-processing and the concepts of astronomy image stacking.
In this workshop we delve more into image stacking and post-processing, incorporating the use of leading software package PixInsight for more accurate and capable image processing (and associated additional complexities).
Tentative outline of topics covered:
- Quick overview of:
- Types of astronomy images (calibration and light frames)
- Introduction to the concept of image stacking
- Stacking of wide field nightscape images in:
- Deep Sky Stacker
- Stacking of narrow field images in:
- Layering of stacked and foreground exposures for nightscape images, in Photoshop.
- Post-processing in: